Remedial Equipment Pilates
(4 max taken by a professional physiotherapist)
Pilates is an exercise technique, which focuses on gentle strengthening, balance and flexibility. It is an ideal rehabilitation tool, incorporating postural re-alignment with spinal stability. It is suitable for ALL ages and is great for general body strengthening and toning.
Pilates can help with spinal pain, pre-post joint surgery, incontinence, osteoporosis, ante and post natal exercise. Pilates also decreases the risk of injury and depression. Equipment sessions are either one-to-one or up to four maximum in a class. As postural re-alignment changes gradually with repetition and correction, it is recommended to invest in 10 sessions as a minimum. Please bring gym clothes, towel, socks, water bottle.
Mat Group Pilates
( taken by a professional physiotherapist )
This class is also suitable for all ages and health fund rebates apply! No prior assessment required. This is a good workout and anyone is welcome. We do not recommend this class if you are In pain. Maximum 10 per class, bookings essential. Please bring gym clothes, towel, socks, water bottle.
What is Clinical Pilates?
Joseph Pilates established the Pilates method as a physical training tool in the 1920s. Following World War 1 he began using his Pilates exercises as effective rehabilitation for sick and injured soldiers. He also designed unique exercise equipment that we use today. Upon moving to the USA his exercises were embraced by the community. While he died in 1967 his methods have continued to be used throughout the world for training a wide range of people from high level athletes and dancers to working adults and the elderly.
Clinical Pilates today:
Physiotherapists have integrated current scientific research looking at safe and effective remedial exercise with the traditional Pilates principles of concentration, breathing, centering, control, precision and flowing movement to form the clinical Pilates practice we use today.
The Classes Will:
- Target underlying structural and biomechanical imbalances resulting from:
- Muscle imbalances
- Poor posture
- Acute or chronic injury
- Lack of body awareness
- Use intelligent exercises that incorporate both static stabilisation and dynamic control of movement.
- Provide benefits to new exercisers, those rehabilitating from injury and elite athletes.
- Provide a safe and effective ante and post natal workout.
- Progress exercises to meet the specific needs and goals of clients.
- Include exercise modification to enhance individual recovery.
Wear comfortable clothing, bring water and for hygienic reasons please bring a towel and socks to each class.
Bookings essential, as we work ONLY with small numbers in our classes for optimum supervision.
100% cancellation policy – 24 hrs notice of cancellation is requested.
- Maximum of 4 participants
- Individual program – for remedial rehab or a good work out
- Initial Private Assesment – 1 hour is a prerequisite
- Use of reformer, trapeze table, wanda chair, foam roller, fit ball, magic circle, small weights, cardio equipment and more.
- Maximum 10 people
- Group class program – a good workout
- Use of Pilates accessories: foam roller, theraband and small weights
- Duration 1 hr